- 800g swede peeled and cut into slim wedges
- 1tbsp oil
- Small bunch thyme leaves picked
- 50g grated parmesan
- Black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°c, 400°f or gas mark 6.
- In a bowl toss the swede in the oil, thyme and half the parmesan until well coated.
- Spread out in a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 35-40 mins until the swede is cooked through and crisp on the edges.
- Once cooked, tip into a serving bowl and while still hot sprinkle over the remaining cheese and a good grind of black pepper.
Food features and recipes like this appear in the Desang Diabetes Magazine, our free-to-receive digital journal. We cover diabetes news, diabetes ‘kit’ and information on food suitable for maintaining good blood glucose control or a diabetic diet, including a regular Making Carbs Count column. It’s free! Go to the top of this page to sign up – we just need your email address. See current and past issues at