Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
200g new potatoes cut in half
4 medium free-range eggs
200g fresh green beans, trimmed
100g fresh peas, shelled
200g tinned tuna, drained
12 black olives
4 anchovy fillets
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 small shallot, finely chopped
Salt and cracked black pepper
What to do:
- Place the new potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with lightly salted cold water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the eggs in the boiling water for 7 minutes. When cooked, place under cold running water for 5 minutes. Peel and cut in half and set aside.
- In the meantime bring a medium sized pan of salted water to the boil, then cook the green beans and peas for 2 minutes, drain and lightly refresh under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
- Place the potatoes, eggs, beans, peas, tuna, olives and anchovy fillets in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, vinegar and shallot, season with salt and pepper.
- Poor the dressing over the salad and mix gently.
- Divide between 4 small salad bowls and serve.
Food features and recipes like this appear in the Desang Diabetes Magazine, our free-to-receive digital journal. We cover diabetes news, diabetes ‘kit’ and information on food suitable for maintaining good blood glucose control or a diabetic diet, including a regular Making Carbs Count column. It’s free! Go to the top of this page to sign up – we just need your email address. See current and past issues at