- 200g black badgers
- 1 onion
- 1 sprig each of sage and thyme
- 1 handful of sorrel, spinach, nettles or similar leafy green
- 3 or 4 rashers of streaky bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the black badgers overnight, rinse and simmer until soft – 45 to 50 minutes if boiling or 15 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Coarsely chop and sauté the onion in butter. Cut the bacon into short lengths and add to the onion.
- When the bacon is cooked through, shred and stir in the sage and thyme. Add the black badgers and 100ml of the cooking water or stock.
- Tear up and add the greens. Once the greens are wilted add salt and pepper to taste and serve as it comes or with a dollop of yoghurt or sour cream.