This colourful salad is the ultimate health-giving dish! The Tenderstem has more vitamin C than the same weight of fresh oranges, the beetroot helps to keep blood pressure down and the toasted seeds add vitamins and minerals as well as a satisfying crunch.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 200g Tenderstem, stems cut in half
- 80g mixed seeds (e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 250g cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- Small bunch fresh chives, snipped
For lemon dressing:
- 2 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil (we used Hill Farm Oil)
- Juice ½-1 lemon, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper & sea salt, to taste
What to do:
- Make the dressing by whisking together the rapeseed oil and lemon juice to taste. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Set aside.
- Steam or boil the Tenderstem for 3 to 4 minutes until just tender but with a little bite.
- While the Tenderstem is cooking toast the seeds by tipping them into a small frying pan. Add the Kikkoman Soy Sauce and cook over a medium heat, tossing regularly to coat all over, for about 3 minutes until the seeds are crisp and golden. Take care not to burn them or they will taste bitter.
- Arrange the cooked Tenderstem and beetroot wedges on a plate, drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle over the toasted seeds and chives. Serve immediately.