From BBC Jill Dupleix, Saturday Kitchen
What you need:
- 75g/3oz melted butter
- 250g/9oz self-raising flower (can use gluten-free)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb of soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 115g/4oz caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 125ml/4fl oz milk
- Handful walnut kernels (if wanted)
What to do:
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F. Melt butter, allow to cool. Mash the bananas. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl, add caster sugar and stir.
- Beat the eggs, vanilla extract, butter and milk in another bowl. Add the mashed banana and stir.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture, stir with a fork (don’t over mix) until it is a lumpy paste.
- Set paper cases into the moulds and spoon in the mixture until almost full. Top with walnut kernels.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the muffins come away from the side of the pan when touched. Remove and rest the tray on a wire rack 5 mins before handling.